Your trust and privacy matter the most to us. ‘TMC’ is a company incorporated under Indian laws with its registered office at ‘XYZ’. This term includes TMC’s affiliate/s, subsidiary/ies channel/s, sister concern/s, joint venture/s, franchise/s etc. The parent organization TMC and its affiliates, subsidiaries and other associated hereinafter will be collectively referred to as “TMC”, “us”, “we”, or “ours”.
TMC operates various applications, websites, products, software, and other services including but is not limited to delivery of content and information through any internet-enabled services- laptop, computer, mobile, tablet, and others. The term “Services” would be used collectively.
This Policy explains how TMC gathers, handles, stores, and offers protection to personal information about you in the content of our services. It also explains your rights and how you can connect to us if you have any questions on how we manage your information.
This policy applies to individuals who access our services through any medium such as website, application, through third-party social media pages or through any other electronic communication means.
This policy does NOT apply to information that you provide to us and is collected by any third-party to track the behavior of users on their platform. TMC advises you to consult the third-parties directly to learn more about their privacy practices.
- The Information We Collect and How We Use It
TMC collects information about and from the users of our Services. This includes Personal Information which includes information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific individual whether from the data or from the data and other information that we have collected.
This does not include information that has been made anonymous and cannot be used in the identification of an individual. This also includes information regarding your internet connection and the kind of equipment you utilized for accessing our Services.
We collect the information directly from you when you share it with us while you log in through any social media platform or through direct login interface or to access NSFW (Not safe for work) articles that require an adult age consent and/or automatically as you navigate through our Service.
The information automatically collected includes IP addresses, usage patterns, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies for the purpose of tracking.
- Information You Provide Us
The information we collect on our website or while offering our Services may include:
- Your account information: This includes all the relevant information you share while setting up your account. This includes your full name, contact number, postal code, email address, user id, password, and any other information that you may have provided to us or on third party platforms and collected by us through third-party sign-in services such as Google and Facebook. This also includes your website address, gender, and others.
- Your Preferences: We collect information about the preferences and settings saved by you on third-party sign-in services such as language and time zone.
- Your Content: Information you provide while using our Services, including your shares, likes, comments, history, other details, the specific contact information of people you add to or notify about our Services, other information you provide using our services and any other information furnished by you in your account profile.
- Your activities and searches: This includes the search terms that you have used while using our Services and the results chosen by you.
- Your browsing information: This includes how long you have used our Services and the advertisements that you have clicked on.
- Your communications: This includes the conversation you have engaged in with other users or advertisements through our Services or third-party links. Your participation in a survey, contest, promotion scheme, or poll, your request for certain features such as updates, newsletters, or other services, your communication with us for any purpose, or about the employment opportunities posted to the services.
- Your Public Posts: You may also provide information in the form of lists, friends, bookmarks, likes, comments, and others to be published or posted or displayed on our Services that are publicly accessible or transmitted to other users of our Services or third-parties. We use the term “User Contributions” collectively for referring to the contribution. The User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own consent and risk. Please remember that we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you have chosen to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot assure in any manner that your contributions will not be accessed by unauthorized individuals.
- Cookies and Other Electronic Tools
We and the third parties with whom we have partnered may use pixel tags, cookies, mobile device IDs, web beacons, flash cookies, and other similar technologies or files to gather and store data concerning your use of our Services and also third-party websites. A cookie is a text file placed on your personal computer or device that helps us recognize you when you visit our website.
These files enable us to store your settings and preferences thereby enhancing your experience by delivering content and advertisements that are specific to your interests. It also helps us perform analytics and research (internal and/or by the third-party) and also track your use of our Services and offer assistance with administrative functions and security issues.
The third-parties that advertise and are accessible through our services and through our social media services may also employ cookies or such similar tools. We advise you to check their privacy policies for information regarding their cookies and other practices. We do not control the practices of such privacy policies and their partners for governing their interactions with you.
- Use of the Information Collected
We use the information we collect from and about you for legitimate purposes. We do this –
- To understand our users and to learn what they do on our services, how they use them, and what features they like.
- For improving the features and content of our services by personalizing the content as per your interests.
- Process and respond to your queries and to communicate and/or send updates/notifications/pop-ups.
- Provide you with support services and administer our services.
- To diagnose any technical issues.
- To enable us to show ads relevant to you.
- Generate and review reports using your data use and about other users of our Services to study usage patterns.
- Carry out our duties and put into effect our rights arising from any contracts that you have entered with us, including remuneration.
- Enable us to place advertisements to target audiences. Although we do not disclose your personal information for such purposes without your consent, you accessing such links or any interactions with the advertiser would be assumed to meet their criteria.
- Sharing of the information collected
- To our affiliates, sister concerns, and subsidiaries.
- To third parties, service providers, advertisers, and contractors.
- To third parties to market their services or products with you if you have offered your consent to receive promotional updates. We contractually mandate these third-parties to maintain your personal information confidential and use it solely for purposes we disclose the information to them.
- We may share your personal information with third parties that we trust for various reasons such as push notifications and pop-ups, to communicate via emails to inform you about our services that may interest you on our behalf.
- Social Networks: If you interact with us using our social media features such as Like button and social media credentials for log-in, then these features may collect information about your use of our services. Any interaction you make with social media companies are governed by their policies.
- Consent: We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have received your consent.